Friday, June 27, 2008

At the Airport

There's nothing quite as thrilling as finding out your flight leaves 3 hours earlier than you expected 2 hours before the flight is actually supposed to leave and encountering some traffic on the way to the airport.

That was an adventure.

Anywho, it wasn't too bad. We ended up getting at the terminal about 90 minutes before the flight.

Now I'm in the pretentious first class lounge with soft jazz music playing in the background, with free wine, champagne, and pastries (which would be exciting if i actually drank or wasn't already full). I feel like an impostor. The lady at the first class check-in counter treated me like an impostor up till I showed her my ticket.

I suppose with good reason. There probably isn't a lot of backpackers who fly first class, but ironically, that was the cheapest way to get to Europe. (Since I'm flying at a peak time, they don't have economy seats for people flying with air miles).

Perhaps I should get a pretentious pastry.

I'll post once again I land if I get internets at Heathrow (as per mom's request). I should have some 5 hours to explore the airport until my flight to Geneva comes, I'm sure I'l find some corner with it within that time.

No comments: