Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Getting to know Lausanne"

Yesterday after class I went to go try to find the transport office to buy a bus pass. I couldn't find it, so I decided to walk around, then to start taking turns in random directions. I decided to label this activity "getting to know downtown Lausanne" rather than "getting lost". (it was lovely, btw... these cool old buildings, but are filled with stores like Claire's and Louis Vitton, things not befitting their grandeur and character). Whence I decided to go home, I took the bus going the wrong direction, which was more "getting to know Lausanne". We went uphill so there was this bridge with a really nice view of the mountains (they're picturesque, although I prefer the ones in BC).

Anywho, did some more of this whole "getting to know Lausanne" today. (That damn transport lausanne office is ridiculously difficult to find). I went into H & M which I heard was Joelle's favourite store. As I headed into it, I started to have doubts (would I be able to afford anything in Joelle's favourite store?). They were having a sale so things were actually pretty cheap. When I came here I intended to not buy anything, but it's been so hot (about 30 degrees in the shade), I can't stand it anymore, so I bought $5 flip flops. Though chosen on a purely comfort scale (some of them were surprisingly hard), they're also kinda nice aesthetically as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is NOT my favourite store.

Mariana said...

I thought you might protest. That's why I had changed it from "it's her favourite store" to "i heard it's her favourite store".

It's what your mom had told me when one opened up i downtown Vancouver.