Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lundi et Mardi

Monday we went to the international house and we did placement tests. i got into a pretty good class (I think its the top one of our group even though my oral mark translated into a 71-80%, so i guess they are pretty tough with their marking?). I dont think we're really learning anything new in the class, just some occasional vocab that pops up and just practicing speaking because out in the streets we don't get much practice. Even if we do try to speak french with the shop ppl they just answer back in english. I did however ask a real live french couple if they knew when the last tram was, although not very well, but they understood me. I also asked someone if they knew where to get crepes, but answered back that they don't have crepes in Nice, that it is a Britagne thing, so he must have thought we were really silly tourists that think that crepes are a Nicois specialty, because they actually do sell crepes at tonnes of places. We've had some really good gelato at Le Palais de Justice and also we're going to school at like France's third largest high school and its really like castle/palace-y.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused...so you had a flight transfer and then went to Nice?